Our perspective of being single and being married is hilarious. Single people are dying to get married and married people are wishing they were still single! Either life is wonderful with God and miserable without him. Some equate single to being lonely. If you think you’re lonely now, wait until you are married. Having a husband does not cure loneliness, it magnifies it. It’s a miserable thing to have a mate that doesn’t make you their priority. You are hungry for all this ATTENTION from the man you’re married to and you don’t get it…..deal with your loneliness first. Only God can fill your void. But here are some amazing things about being single!
- Single people, you can come and go without answering to anyone. (I’m running to the store, be right back!)
- You can spend your money on anything you want without “Making a decision together.”
- You can come home from work and not have to worry about cooking for anyone. (Thank God for Zaxby’s lol)
- You don’t have to deal with another personality or mood swings, and trying to please somebody else. .
- You can lay out prostrate in the Lord, uninterrupted in any room of your house at any given time (Unless of course, you have children 😁) Mommy, why is your door locked? lol
- You can travel where you want! (If you have time off)
- You can live where you want! (eeny meeny miny moe)
- You can hang out with your girls all night long. As a matter of fact, you can have sleepovers and watch chick flicks like Baggage Claim, Just Wright, and Mother’s Day while eating a bunch of unnecessary calories! (From my lips to my hips, yay!!)
But seriously, singleness is what you make it to be. It can be amazing or it can me miserable! Enjoy it to the fullest because if you don’t, you will find yourself being one of those married people looking back at your single life, wishing you were single again. Being Single is not a curse, it’s a blessing! And once you master the art of singleness, you will move on to the ministry of marriage. Then you will want me to blog, “Being married is not a Curse!” Just kidding. All smiles and have a Happy Friday!