When we lack confidence and feel bad about our self, it is so easy to remove our self from the game. Our mind says we won’t be able to succeed so why try? Our mind says, let me do something to get taken out of the game before they realize I can’t perform the task. We kill our own victory with a defeated mind set. If you don’t believe you can, you won’t. Build up your confidence by succeeding in the small things first. Find something you have been wanting to do for years but never got started. Write down every excuse that you can think of that will stop you from starting and finishing. Label that paper “Curse Words.” These are the words you can no longer use when attempting to achieve your goal. Do not curse yourself anymore. Write a separate list with blessed words of affirmation. Here are a few examples:
- CURSE WORD
- I don’t have the money
- I’m tired
- I don’t know where to begin
- I’m too scared
- BLESSED WORD
- God will supply all my need
- The joy of the Lord is my strength
- If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
And there are so many more. Get up from your place of do nothing. It is time to do something. Faith without works is dead. So, we need to have to have a renewed mind and a little bit of faith. Change your mind, change your words, and change your outcome. Stop cursing yourself and start blessing yourself! Let’s get it!