Do you realize that there are people in this world, that no matter how nice you are to them they will always be mean. They will dislike you just because of who you are and what you represent. Most of the time, we make it spiritual and say that people don’t like the God in you. But even outside of that, people just won’t like you, period! You represent what they wish they had. You represent their failures, their dreams, and their desires, their lack, etc.
Let’s talk about this for a minute.
- If a person is miserable at home and every time they see you with yours and you two look happy, it makes them sick. They will wish they had what you have. They may claim they are happy for you, but honestly, it is hard for people to celebrate you when they are down.
- Do you notice how broke people try to tell you how to spend your money? “Why would you spend that much on a purse? Are you sure you can afford that? Don’t try to keep up with the Jones’s.” They will try their best to make you feel bad about what you have worked hard for and what you have been blessed with. If they don’t have money to enjoy, they will make you miserable about spending yours.
- Do you notice that when you do your job well, there is always one who will look for something that you are doing wrong just to bring you down to their level of production. They don’t want to do what it takes to look good so they will try to make you look bad, too.
- Have you every noticed that when you start growing in Christ, people will tell you, you are too deep or too spiritual. It was ok when you went to the club and went to church because they did it too. But when you decide to clean your life up and have a real relationship with God, now you think you are better than them. They only say that because they are still stuck there. Don’t take it personal.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, today we are talking about envy and jealousy. This isn’t the only source of hate, but it is a strong one. The crazy thing about it, is people will want what you have and not realize that sometimes you don’t want what you have. You’re up praying and crying because you are trying to figure out how to keep what you have. People want your position because you do your job well, but you hate your job and you are miserable. You still have some things that you are working on, you don’t have it all together like they think. If people knew the intimate details of your life, they wouldn’t be so jealous. So think about these things the next time you meet some jealous person or you realize that you are the jealous person:
- Don’t worry about the ones who are treating you wrong, that is a reflection of their own life. Treat them nice if they cross your path, otherwise don’t make them factor in your life. But if God sends you to them to witness, than be obedient.
- Don’t be jealous of what people have. You don’t know what they went through to get what they have. And you don’t know what they are going through to keep what they have. The grass might be greener on the other side, but believe me, they put some work in. I believe that’s why Paul said Phil 4:12 NIV I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. He knew it took some work 🙂
- Don’t let others dictate how you enjoy your blessings. If you want to post a picture of your new car, do it. Just remember to remain humble and thank God for making it possible. You don’t have to tip toe around your blessings so people don’t get offended. Your very presence offends them, so you might as well live to the fullest.
- Don’t forget where you came from. You were once that person who didn’t have. So don’t take it personal when they treat you a certain way. If you are that miserable person now, then know that you won’t always be where you are. Don’t be mad at people who have climbed the ladder. Don’t be bitter, but be better. Work hard and trust God to get yours too.
I hope this encouraged you and I pray that your weekend is wonderful. HAPPY FRIDAY!!!